Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The simple, The Genuine

"Had some extra coffee this morning and I thought of you. Sometimes the simplest of things brings us the greatest pleasure. Love you" -Dad

Let me tell you something about my house, everyone pretty much in the family likes coffee. You see, it's kind of sacred but you have to get up early to get a cup in the first pot. It is more like a strategy because mom and dad have probably been up since 5 in the morning and both have had multiple cups by 8:30. If you wake up just short of 8:30 you'll get the last cup without coffee grounds at the bottom. I am learning this quickly. However, you wake up at 9 and have to make another pot which is just such a process, fresh out of bed. Excuse me if I'm lazy and tired in the morning. I need my coffee. Anyways, anytime from 8:40-9, Dad will be walking in that kitchen to pour another cup..If I get a cup first I am content for the most of the morning because I don't have to wait for it to be made, or have to heat it up. So today, it was natural for my dad to go in there and see a little bit left for himself and hear no one say "there's no more coffee left for me". He didn't see it as a bad thing, he saw it as something so sweet, precious, and simple. It was a genuine simple moment in his morning, that made it better. I was reminded when I got that text why little, simple things mean so much to me. I have a father who is genuine in life with the biggest heart, and I am so thankful that he has taught me to see the little things that are often overlooked, and appreciate their value in life. Those simple genuine things seem so small, but when you really take them in, life has a whole other level of meaning. It is appreciated in every aspect, even if it you see it through a cup of coffee or a sunrise. 
Via Wehearit.com


Enjoy you day, and notice those small things that mean more than they may seem.

                                                                      Loveeee. ♥

No comments: