Friday, October 29, 2010

"Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave...

and grow old wanting to get back to." 

I dont know if i said this before but there is something about being home.
Maybe i am not one for change, or a new environment.
Maybe i am just good with familiarity and am way too comfortable.
I've always known i needed change, i just never knew how much i would love to come home.
I know for a fact now that attending North Texas was a good decision, because frankly the hour drive is the perfect distance. I am not too far, and I am not too close, although sometimes i am scared to complain because i know how far other people are.
I love having the option to drive home and see family and friends, also being able to do laundry is a major plus. ( I think i have only paid for laundry once in college, yikes!) I even waited 2 1/2 weeks one time just because i knew i was going home soon.
It is especially better to do laundry at home because when i bring them back to my dorm the smell carries through the room, it is the smell of home.

I am curled up in my beautiful cherry red chair in my bedroom right now as i write this.
It is in a corner to where i can see the whole room.
I find it so weird to come home to a clean untouched room.
My moms first words when walking in my room and looking at the floor were "well it looks like someone lives here again", because of course i have a giant bag for just a two night stay. Not to mention I always end up bringing more back to my dorm every time i come home.

 Sometimes I feel really far even though I'm not at all, I am learning very quickly how much home really means to me. It is valued so much more every time I walk in the front door, not only because the mass amount of space, but also the quiet i get to disturb with my loud music. ha! You know my family misses this.
Most of all just the feeling of home, and the welcoming arms of my family.
I guess its true that home really is where the heart is.


Loveee.

No comments: