Friday, August 26, 2011

Madre loving.

Today was good.
No friday classes are good.
Spending my day with a 2 year old who calls elmo, "mo-mo" was good.
Going to backyard concert at a coffe house covered in twinkling christmas lights was good.

Today was better.

I love not having friday classes, makes me feel like the week goes faster and school ends quicker, and the weekend is here by 3:20 on thursday afternoon which in general gives the weekend this whole vacation feel to it because its 3 1/2 full days instead of 2 full days, one of which is spent worrying about monday.

On another note,

Momma called today though. a lot. She is so wonderful. I love that she calls 3 or 4 times a day. I could tell she was missing her girls this weekend not home. I go home a lot, I think she needs it. She doesn't like being the only girl at home, she has lived and breathe pink, curls, irrational emotions, and perfume her whole life. She can't be the only girl at home for very long by herself. I almost wanted to drive home for the night just to see her, but I have to be back here tomorrow so it would be too late. I could tell she needed to getaway, to have girl time the second she called this morning. I could tell. The conversation went a little like this..
Mom:"hows life going today?"
Me: It's ok, I have to babysit in an hour, so I'm just getting ready
Mom:" Oh well, I'm going to get a flat changed on the car. again"
Me: Again?
Mom: "yeah, but I don't feel like sitting there all day so dad is going to take me to get the other car, and I'm gonna get my hair done, I just really want a haircut, color, everything, you know just need something to make me feel better today"

She's so cute. Love my momma. I think I take after her in that way.
When I have a bad day I want to be with her, because she knows exactly how to make what seems like a girls worst day ever, the best day ever. She will buy you an article of clothing, or take you to your favorite place to eat, or best of all get your nails done with you.
She rocks, always knows what I need when I need it. Always.
Not to mention when I call her madre, she calls me mija. Love it.

1 comment:

CLowe said...

Love our mom! :) We are blessed