Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Simplicity.

I dont know if you know the feeling where everything around you seems so cluttered. Well, this is how i find myself feeling at a minimum of at least 5 times a day. With yesterday being monday, i of course found myself cluttered every second of all day. I awoke this morning 3 hours before class because i need to study, edit a paper due today, drink my coffee, and sit down for a reading of devotion, and not only all of that but shower and get ready for my 12 o'clock class. College life is just cluttered and overwhelming. Especially since i am still figuring out my routine and priorities. This morning however it clicked.
I was reading my favorite "My utmost for his highest" and the devotion for september 13 was about Spiritual simplicity. I have always noticed the simple things among the clutter of life. They always stick out to me and mean so much more. Simple little things are worth more, they are always so beautiful in the aspect that though they are simple, plain, and small, they do elaborate things for the heart. Anyways, the devotion started off "Simplicity is the secret of seeing things clearly". I think lately i have been lost in the muddle and mess around me that im losing sight of what is most important. I am losing my thoughts and i keep trying to process them but it cant get around the mess and over complex thinking. Today my prayer is that God can clear my thoughts, that i give him the power to sort through everything and allow me to hear him clearly and obey his will without processing what he has asked of me. Every time i question why he wants me to do something, i miss the simple point and simple task he has asked me. I think about all the clutter and the to do list piling in my mind and how will ever get around to what God wants. I am so off. I am human. I should see that God should be his own to do list. It is so simple and so clear, that i overlook it. However, Simplicity is key. Today i choose simple.

I choose to think simple thoughts.
I choose to process God and his simple questions first.
I choose to see the beautiful simple things in life.
I choose a simple outlook.

P.s. I apologize for this post, i am sure you can tell how muddled and scattered my thoughts really have been just by my writing.

1 comment:

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I get overwhelmed by that same feeling... i just have to remind myself to breath and remember the simplicity of balance :)