Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Lost.

I don't know where I've been or what I've been doing. Maybe I got lost, but I don't exactly know when it happened. Maybe it was on vacation, among the ocean waves. It was beautiful, with each passing wave, my body arose and shifted further and further. At one point, I felt a fear I had gotten too far from the shore, but it felt free. I needed to feel that distance. Maybe it was at home, on a day just like any other summer day where I was driving. Not driving anywhere particular, I just wanted out of the house. I wanted to drive. I wanted to feel wind in my hair, and slip through my fingertips as I screamed the words of the music to the world. No one could hear me though, so it didn't matter what I sounded like. I needed to be able to scream and not worry what anyone was thinking. Maybe it was in a moment, those five second moments where you want something so bad but you don't know how to reach it. I wanted to not care about anything in the world, but how, how do you get there? I couldn't, I do care. It was nice though, to care for anything for a simple five seconds. Maybe it was that one morning where I woke up and felt motivated, driven, persistent. I wish I felt that every morning. I got out of bed and I tied my running shoes, jumped on the treadmill, and I ran. I ran with my eyes closed. It felt like I could anything. I needed that feeling to pulse through me.

I don't know really I got lost, but I'm definitely growing up.

No comments: