Thursday, August 25, 2011

Goodbye Summer.

Well goodbye to the 3 month break I took from all commitments in life, even if was really unadult (is that a word?) of me to do so. However, the summer weather that is piercing to the skin and causes me sweat ounces the second that I walk out the door, so much so that cute clothes seem completely pointless to me. I can't look cute if I am sweating like a boy at the gym. Sorry for the no blogging, like I said, I took a break from pretty much everything. School starts today though and yesterday I felt excited and relieved, but today the anxiety and homesickness has kicked back in. I never knew I would be so much of a homebody, but there is something about waking up, getting a cup of coffee, and sitting in the chaos of a kitchen at home. Its calming and familiar versus today which was lonely and gloomy. The lights were all off and the only noise I heard was the sound of dorm rooms slamming shut and water running as everyone awoke out of their summer haze. I'm forcing myself to grow up this year though, I am getting myself a little babysitting job to fulfill time when I'm not doing school. It's hard though. It's hard to awake and not be home. I have to get readjusted to my mamma not being in the kitchen to say good morning, and my boyfriend to be able to hang out whenever I want. Not that he could this summer, because he is busy growing up too with an 8 to 5 job. I prayed alot this morning though, because I don't need to miss home, it's so close. I don't need to be anxious, it's school, and I want to be excited to learn what I'm gonna be doing the rest of my life. This morning I am slowly feeling better as I sip my coffee and know that life is waiting outside my window and it's beautiful, and I know that God is big and he is in control.

No comments: