Thursday, November 11, 2010

Football, Hotels, Boy, & Parent Love.

What a long weekend.
What an even longer time to go without posting nothing.
I left school on thursday afternoon to drive home anxiously and pack for my supposed to be 3 day trip to see my boyfriend (which really was only 1 full day, because the drive is about 13 hours).
I spent the night at my boyfriends house to squeeze in some quality time with his siblings, and to get a good night's rest. We woke up pretty early the next morning and headed his way!
The drive was long, but completely worth it, even if it was only 1 full day I got to spend with him. Just being able to see his face made it the best weekend.
I loved getting to cheer him on, and watch him play football. It's crazy to talk with someone fulfilling such an amazing opportunity, and then having the chance to see it in action.
The weekend was wonderful and valued time with him, as well as his fun family. I loved getting to bond with them and could definitely see myself spending more quality time with his mom. Isn't it funny how things work out like that?
It is always weird when you are dating someone  to process whether you would marry them or not. Then to spend so much time with their parents, you can see them being your in-laws. I know that marriage and everything is so far in the future, but it is always fun just to think about. However, everything can change so quick so who really knows!
We left early sunday morning and after driving about 5 hours, the car gave up.
Yes, it was quite and eventful day from there. After driving around several hours looking for a rental car place (apparently everything in Kansas closes on sunday, EVERYTHING) we found a hotel and just checked in and rested. We planned on driving back to in a rental the next morning, but after many decisions processed, I was just going to fly home.
His mom drove me an hour to the airport in the rental and I hopped on a plane back to Fort Worth. It felt like such a long break, I wasn't in Denton for 5 whole days. That seems like forever to be gone, might as well have been called a vacation (with all the free-eating, and sleeping in hotel beds i did).
To say the least, school has been go go go, and I've only been back since tuesday. Thats what happens when you escape reality and try not to face it.
Will try for many more posts this week, but for now here was my crazy, yet amazing weekend.

I know that it is at a small school and what not, but I am definitely proud to be saying I have my very own little college football player (He is not so little though). 
This picture is really the only one we took, which is a bummer but no worries there will be plenty soon because he is coming home for Thanksgiving next weekend! 
I am already counting down again. 


Loveeeee. 

No comments: