Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fall Feelings

To tell you the truth, I gave up blogging this summer. I just stopped, not because I was too busy or didn't want too, I just didn't want to write it all out anymore. Everyday since I stopped, I sign onto blogger and read the daily updates, pull up my new post entry and then close it out. I felt like I had nothing to write about, or explain to you. Today though seems perfect to tell you everything, all the fun little things I've stored in my brain, and it's raining as I sip my coffee slower than usual, so it makes for the perfect scenario. For now heres just a few thoughts that have been weighing pretty heavy on my heart.

-For starters, School. It has been so much better. Some days I wake up and stare at my planner with no idea on how I'm going to get it all done, but someone told me to take it "one day at a time", and honestly it works out much better with the stress level, keeps it a lot lower than normal. You should try it. Also, to tell you the honest truth about me and school is that we do not get a long. Nope, but let me tell you the greatness in getting to take major classes… it doesn't feel like school! So the 94 I scored on my first major class test was such a blissful feeling because I didn't need to cram or study, just learn about things that interest me. It's a whole other world.

-Weekends. Weekends are like 3 full days spent at a little place, some call Utopia. Seriously. I treat them like mini-vacations. I mean of course, I have little bits of school to do here and there on Saturday and Sunday, but really I just go day to day enjoying so much of life. I go home all the time on weekends, but why not. I love Fort Worth and everyone I love is there, so who cares what people say about me not enjoying college life. I don't care. Back to weekends, they are a little piece of pie at the end of a week, and provide a whole lot of sanity to carry me through 4 days of school.

-Babies. To say that I am in love with my wonderful nieces and nephew is a little bit of an understatement. Just getting to cuddle up against them is the best feeling in the world. Even though my little 2 year old best friend is in a bit of "I can do it on my own" phase, she's still cute and fun to be with. But really, having two baby girls to hold and kiss is seriously the greatest joy in life. I love being an aunt. I wish I had more time to do things like go to boo at the zoo, trick or treat with them on halloween, or just wake up to them more often, but I know reality separates us and I am thankful for the time well spent with the little boo bears. I've got a little story about one of those rascals but I'll save it for another day.

-Family. I love home. I love my family. I am always so much happier when time is spent with them. Last night when Texas finally received an abundant, unending amount of rain, we all decided it was the perfect night for a movie. So even though only two sisters were home, and mom was gone, we had two other sisters ( me and Whittney), Nephew, little brother (who is not so little at all) like 5 inches taller than me not little, and Dad. We all piled into my parents king size bed and watched the Iron Giant on my parents tv. It was so special and moments like that are always well cherished.

I am so blessed.



lots of love. Good to be back.

No comments: